Pages

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Multitasking in Writing

Not sure if multitasking is the greatest thing for a writer to do, it is like self-inflicted ADD.
I don't know if any of you are like me.  I just can't seem to write one story at a time.  I sometimes have poems that I feel compelled to create, or a short story idea grabs my attention while I am working on a longer story.  I usually indulge my multitasking whims (I prefer not to think of them as distractions).  So far it has worked out well for me.  I find that I am much less likely to suffer from "writer's block", but I imagine it is like a form of writer's ADD.

I suppose I should not worry about this as long as it is not causing issues, but I still find it interesting.  Part of me wonders if I should discipline myself to stick with the longer story regardless of what my creative surges demand.  I wonder if it might be more beneficial to force myself to stay focused on the current work in progress.  Any suggestions or thoughts on this?  I can always try sticking to the current project, but I have a feeling that doing so would backfire on me.

Oh! Speaking of multitasking, before I forget, I finished reading Eon by Alison Goodman. I plan to work up a bit of a summary as well as a few points of interest in the near future.  I will most likely post to my wordpress blog http://crampedwriting.wordpress.com/ as well as this blog. I will try not to spoil the story in case you have not read it, but I do want to share some great things geared specifically towards writers. Hope everyone is having a great week and never forget to embrace your awesomeness!

Goodbye until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment