Pages

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Back to Writing, Randomness and The Chronicles of Jane Windall


~GASP~
Oh no! I have left you poor souls in the lurch for a number of days without random writing or ranting craziness! I apologize and sincerely hope no one has been ill-effected by this turn of events. I had my computer in for repair. Nothing serious, no need to panic. The protective plastic coating on the bottom was coming off. and I must say that there is a certain feeling of incompleteness when one’s laptop is missing. I found it more difficult to write on my desktop. Terrible excuse, I know.
My laptop is back though, and in the meantime I was working on an additional installment of a free online story which I have decided to call The Chronicles of Jane Windall. I posted a little bit about what I want to do in a previous blog post: http://camikahayes.blogspot.com/2012/07/writing-decisions.html
The idea is to use our wonderful internet as a means to help improve my writing on a consistent basis, while also offering anyone who has a few moments to waste, the opportunity to read free content.  This stems from a time when periodicals included short stories, or a long story broken into intervals.  Readers were able to follow a story a little at a time until its conclusion and I thought it sad that this trend fell by the wayside.  I know there are fanfiction sites, and other writing sites but I don’t feel that it is quite the same. The first section of The Chronicles of Jane Windall is not great, was just a writing exercise for like 15 mins and unedited.  Bad idea.  Second section is hopefully better.  If you want you can check it out here:

Also, I had a slight epiphany yesterday having to do with writer’s grief. I figured out I was grieving for a manuscript which turned out quite different from what I originally had envisioned.  I literally could not jump into the editing process and finally realized I had needed time to grieve for what I knew would never be.  The story still has potential, but my characters sent it in a completely different (albeit, better) direction. Aside from my epiphany though, I will list my other accomplishments of the week:
1)    Sliced the tip of my finger on an aluminum foil cutting edge (that serrated thingy)
2)    Wore my coffee to work
3)    Barely made it home when my car died in the middle of a turn
4)    Finished my 2nd installment in The Chronicles of Jane Windall (sorry, redundant but I’m proud of finishing another section)
5)    Hit myself in the eye with a clothes hanger (don’t ask)
6)    Had an epiphany about writer’s grief (also redundant but I have to put a couple good things on here)
7)    Got my laptop repaired
8)    Got an unexpected day off, and not in a “don’t come back again” way either, which was very cool
9)    Wrecked my challenge by forgetting to freewrite yesterday (The Chronicles of Jane Windall could count for that though, right?)
As you can see, it has been an absolutely riveting week! Still not done with the books I am reading, so I guess it will be a while before I’ll be able to do a review.  In the meantime if you want to read about my epiphany regarding my writer’s grief you can read my post:


Happy Ninjawriting!

No comments:

Post a Comment