Pages

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Mundane Aspects of Being a Writer

I finally procured a couple of journals (yay!).  My goal is to freewrite in them every day.  Not sure if I will be able to do it, but I'm not enforcing a time requirement or word requirement.  I'm just writing to see where it takes me.  I feel that it is necessary for me to keep focused on tasks and avoid life distractions.  It is so convenient to find other things which seem more important.  I spent a good deal of today peeling, chopping and cooking carrots.  I'm sure you can see that this of course had to be done today, on my only day off. Very important.

The other important things on my list involve creating myself a "writing corner" which strangely enough has not been done yet today.  I am sure I am not procrastinating, I just thought I might write a bit of my new story.  I have added a whopping 22 words to it.   At this rate, I may just get it published before I die.  The ideas are all there, bouncing around inside my brain, I just keep getting distracted by other things going on in my house.  I suppose I really should go and organize my writer's corner. ~sigh~

No comments:

Post a Comment