Pages

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Reading: Alison Goodman and W.E.B. Du Bois

So, more randomness.  I love randomness, in case you could not tell. I am currently reading multiple books, do you do that? People always look at me funny when I carry around a stack of two or three books but I like the variety.  Here is what I am currently reading:

Eon by Alison Goodman

The Souls of Black Folk by W.E.B. Du Bois

I have always had a terrible memory where history is concerned, we’re talking absolutely abysmal.  However, even though there was only about a one-paragraph inconsequential blurb in my history book many years ago, I have always remembered the name W.E.B. Du Bois.  Probably because it is a cool name (and yes I am aware that I just wrote an incomplete sentence. I call it artistic expression).  Imagine my delight when I was walking through Barnes and Noble on a quest for the next awesome book, when I ran into this book on display. I have not even technically started the book, because truthfully, the book includes a timeline of sorts which has me astounded.  If I can accomplish a tenth of what W.E.B. Du Bois did in his lifetime, I will be doing great. Obviously I would not try to accomplish the same things, but I am talking about quantity.  What an amazing individual! This promises to be an interesting read.
I hope to be able to review both books over the next few weeks in addition to my typical, random, sporadic posts. And on a final side-note, I’m pretty sure the horrible coffee creamer at work has hijacked my taste buds because my orange tasted like soap. Ew.  With that last thought I wish you happy reading, writing and pwning!

No comments:

Post a Comment