Pages

Monday, July 23, 2012

Writing Decisions

Well, so far I am only on day three of my "freewriting" plan.  I am happy to report that it seems to be helping my overall creativity.  I have a few challenges that I will try to tackle over the next few months:

1) Freewrite EVERY day (for a least a year)I may, or may not post some of these ramblings.  It is more of a personal goal and I can share any exciting things I learn along the way (or not-so-exciting things).

2) Write snippets of stories to post (these will most likely be located on my other blog http://crampedwriting.wordpress.com/, but I may post some here as well) in a series format, or just short stories.

Since this is a shorter post I figure I will include some random snippets of things I have learned so far about the writing process:

If you ever have trouble writing an opening to a scene/story (of course that never happens, right?), here are a few ideas which might help (hopefully they will):

Try writing the opening in the middle of the action. It might flow easier and eliminate a lot of superfluous writing.

If you have already written it out, maybe try rewriting it from a different point of view (even something quirky like an inanimate object's point of view)

Sometimes I have to rethink a scene entirely to figure out what I want it to convey.  Since I love movies, visualizing what I would want happening in the opening scene of the movie can help.

And if all else fails, you can always recycle the paper and start over.  Not as much fun though. Poor trees.

Anywho...that is all for now unless some kind of inspiration full of awesomeness strikes me later. Yah. Right.

Have an awesome day everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment