Pages

Sunday, September 2, 2012

It's All About Living

I am hardly ever bored.  It is just that sometimes, I don't know what I want to do.  I have a virtual pile of things that I am able to do and enjoy quite a bit.  I can't always paint, however, or draw.  I love to crochet, but sometimes that gets old as well (still in the learning process). I can't always watch movies, or even write.

Do you ever feel as though you have to do something, anything to zap the synapses in your brain or you'll spontaneously combust? People are going to call me a mad woman, I swear.  There are days where I know  I should be running through fields of grass, waving my arms in the air hollering with joy. When I don't get to do that, the pressure builds up and it is difficult to turn my energy and whims to something entirely different.  Like sitting still and writing.  That doesn't work well and it makes me feel trapped. Ever feel trapped? Maybe it's just me, but I like to think that writers need their freedom and wide-open spaces.  Things are different for "us writers".  Fine, that's probably everyone at least once in a while.

I have to confess that there are times when I look around at everyone, plodding through their lives.  It seems as though they are content to do the same things day after day with the occasional visit with friends thrown in.  Perhaps it's all about the camping with friends.  That must be what is different, because I feel like I'm going to crawl out of my skin one of these days.  I'm not going to be able to do the same thing for 20 years and never learn, never pursue something different.  I'll go brain-dead.  So right now, I'm cramming my head with all manners of hobbies and knowledge.  It's a challenge and I love it.  I feel vibrant and alive.  It's something I feel down to the tips of my toes and it's a vibration that hums through me telling me that this is how life is supposed to be.  Pursue those dreams, ignore the haters and the naysayers.  When someone says you can't accomplish your goals...just smile, hold your head up high and tell them, "Watch me!".

We were made for so much more than a pale existence lying in the arms of a corporation.

No comments:

Post a Comment