Pages

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Too Tired To Ponder Much

Today, my "What If" ponderings were absolutely simplistic.  There was no grandiose scheme or plot in my mind.  I simply wondered "What If" I didn't have to go to work today?  "What If" I actually had the right number to contact my work and call out?  I'd be able to stay at home getting some much needed sleep but mostly likely nothing else of consequence.  I'd probably barely get my homework done, but honestly the sleep factor is looking pretty good right now.  Since I have neglected the relevant work information though, I have essentially forced myself to come in to work.  It's just as well I suppose.  I'll probably get a lot more done anyway.

I've got a new post up at my other blog http://crampedwriting.wordpress.com/2012/10/10/autumn-enticements-why-i-love-autumn/.

The title is self explanatory...it's why I love Autumn.  It's a somewhat indescribable feeling for me, an excitement that steals into my bones and seems to move me like a marionette towards an unseen goal.  It's a feeling that tickles down to my soul and reminds me to be alert, to watch the wonder of the world around me and to see the magic in every day.  That's an amazing thing when you think about it.  Not often do we have the opportunity to escape the dreary realities of this world, mostly hearing about everything that is unworthy. Attention which should be heaped upon the good and noble rarely holds the spotlight as it should leaving us with a lopsided view of the world.  Autumn reminds me that there is good, there is new, there are choices I am free to make. Today I am grateful for mint chocolate cookies.  So simple, but they evoke great memories and make my taste buds dance.  Now, I think I want to go play outside. I guess I'll have to do that later.  After I have some more caffeine.

No comments:

Post a Comment