Pages

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Chasing Dreams


Hello!

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving! As you may have noticed I haven't been able to post as frequently as I did.  I've recently been running in too many directions trying to accomplish a great deal, but in reality accomplishing very little.

I am an Independent Writing Consultant and am working to build my portfolio so that by the time I graduate, I will have some work waiting for me.  It's always a good idea to try and get work in your field of interest.  Somehow technical support did not seem to fit into those plans.  I also realized that this transition would require a tremendous change and an equal amount of risk.  With that thought in mind, I made the decision to try and focus on my "true" job.  Being a newbie is difficult.  There is no word-of-mouth; no one to give you references.  Everything hinges on the kindness or faith of someone unknown to you, someone to give you that first opportunity.  It is also a wonderful challenge because it fosters excellence. A person just starting out has everything to prove and much to lose if they don't succeed.

I am gradually updating my site (www.crampedwriting.com) to include my new job which entails a variety of duties:  proofreading, copyediting as well as substantive editing.   Eventually my site will have the details about the different tiers and the costs.  I'm also able to offer assistance with writing-related questions, and make suggestions when appropriate, for certain aspects of marketing.

This is a very exciting time, but as you can see, does not allow for the upkeep and maintenance of two blogs.  Therefore I will be discontinuing this blog and using strictly the www.crampedwriting.com one.  I apologize for any inconvenience this change creates, and I hope you will all continue to visit me at my "new home".  I prefer the variety of options for the wordpress blogs and look forward to being able to help and touch-base with everyone a bit more efficiently.

Thank you for all your patience and understanding!  I'll be running a promotion next month as well, so please don't forget to check out the new site.  I want to make sure as many people as possible have the opportunity to submit an entry.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment